Monday, January 22, 2018

Introducing the Master of the Vintage and Shabby Style that is Sonia Thomason

 
Hello Everyone
Today it is my pleasure to introduce the lovely Sonia to you all. Sonia and I first met at a Brisbane Expo when we were both teaching, We would catch up with each other every time we attended the Brisbane show. I have a vague recollection that we may have even been on the same design team (Addicted to Craft) together years and years ago before that. I have admired Sonia's work for a long time now. At the shows we all have to do a teachers display and hers was always full of beautiful vintage and shabby projects - off the page, layouts and more.  I would stand and look at all the detail she included on every page/project. I often though that,  when "I grow up" - I want to scrap like Sonia. I was so delighted when she decided to join our team a few years ago. So now I get to admire Sonia's work every time she shares it with us here at Imaginarium Designs.

 
I asked Sonia to do a bio about herself.
 

 Hi everyone, my name is Sonia Thomason and I am delighted to be back with the fabulous Imaginarium Designs team for another year!
I have am married to my very patient husband Kym and we have two gorgeous daughters Alex, 14 and Isabella, 12 who you will generally see as the focus of my projects (mainly because they are a lot more photogenic then me!!)
Like many of you my scrapbooking is my ‘me’ time. My two daughters keep me very busy with all of their activities so it’s scrapbooking that allows me to sit down, take a deep breath and relax for a while.
My style is quite mixed but tends towards the vintage / shabby style. I like to have a go at whatever the current trend may be and then mix it in with my style. It’s always fun to have a go at something different and move out of your comfort zone!!
I have designed for a few different manufacturers over the years and was a 2016 Scrapbooking Memories Master. I look forward to sharing my projects with you featuring the gorgeous Imaginarium Designs products over the coming year.




Sonia's Vintage style is shown here to great effect. She has done some fussy cutting and layering on her page, two gorgeous photos of her daughters and a chipboard title finish this beautiful layout.
 
 
 
I love anything vintage and miniature and Sonia has combined this perfectly in these three beautiful tags. I just love them all. The little embellishments Sonia has added are just the right size. There is a real skill to doing miniatures and here Sonia shows just what a master she is. 

 
 Then just when you think you have her worked out, she does something like the page above, just show that she can do anything and is comfortable doing a bright mixed media project as she is doing vintage or shabby. I just love this page. You can still see Sonia's style showing through. 

 
Beautiful photo's can really help a page look amazing.  These photos are just perfect and Sonia has created a lovely vintage layout to set them off. They just pop off the page and the chipboard title she has chosen adds a lovely touch.


Sonia mentioned in her post featuring this layout that  the doesn't like working on kraft as a background colour. She really loved the challenge and was very happy with the finish layout.  It does look amazing and she has done a very special background, adding lots of mixed media elements. I love the way she has created two parts to her layout and made sure that they work together. I admire anyone who can do this.

 
This is a beautiful example of Sonia's shabby style, It does look stunning and I love the way she has clustered her flowers and chipboard to create a wreath on her images head. 

 
This one is my favourite, Sonia has done a layout on herself. It has a vintage background and a lovely shabby element around her photo. I love the way she has layered everything under her photo.  There is so much to look at but the layout still retains a simple elegant feel to it.
Everything Sonia does is just perfect and I am eagerly looking forward to seeing more beautiful vintage and shabby projects from Sonia. I hope she also does some more of her Mixed Media pages as well.
Please feel free to leave Sonia a personal message welcoming here back onto the team for 2018.
See you tomorrow with another Introduction.
thanks for looking
Jane

1 comment:

  1. love the vintage style, I have always admired sonia's work

    ReplyDelete