Tuesday, September 6, 2016

September Krafting




Hello September!



Here in Australia its the start of Spring - time for warmer days and a little more sun!

This month we are sponsoring Kraft+ and their mood board is just divine!




Today Carol, Sandi & Louise are sharing their projects inspired by this gorgeous board.



Carol has created this super sweet baby page...




"I made a layout for my boy. Look how greedy he is. Want both pacifier and his yummy finger. For the chipboards, I painted them with mixture of acrylic paints and white gesso."




Louise has predominantly used one colour from the challenge colour palette, and then just a touch of each of the others.



And finally Sandi created this incredible page...

"I couldn't wait to use my melon coloured Lindy's Stamp Gang on my Imaginarium Design Chipboard to show case what a simple use of colour on this fantastic chippie can add to your scrapbooking memories. 
This layout is of my beautiful daughter, how the years have passed, she has grown to become a beautiful woman and mother. So proud of you honey."



  After sealing the kraft paper with a light coating of gel medium I placed my stencil over the dry paper and sprayed it with the 3 Lindys Stamp Gang sprays in 3 different areas.  While it was drying I made up 3 small batches of coloured modeling paste using a small amount of each of the sprays in each batch of paste. Realigning the stencil over the paper I smeared each coloured modeling paste over a couple of sections in it's corresponding section. I then left it to dry.
Keeping with the natural  Kraft+ theme my photo stack comprised of cardboard, hessian and a kraft pocket which I'd used the Kaisercraft 'sketchy' stamp with Black StazOn and mint ink to stamp onto it with. The Imaginarium Design chipboard was coloured using the mint spray sprayed onto the unsealed feather and small frame, the 'picture of you' was coated with black gesso. The hearts were roughly covered with the pink modeling paste to tie it together with the background and I also added a small smear of the paste over the small mint frame when the spray was dry to give it a mottled effect. 

To finish my layout I backed my larger photo with Kaisercraft Enchanted garden paper and framed it with some black wire thread from Prima, I then slipped the school photos into the pocket and attached the frame over the last photo and glued on my title and hearts



 Thanks for coming by and checking out my layout inspiration for the fantastic challenge over at Kraft+ . Why don't you give it a go, it's fun and there's some fantastic prizes to win including some Imaginarium Design Chipboard.





 Natalie

Edited to add .... Blogger hates me today! Sorry :)

1 comment:

  1. Your layout for your little boy is darling! He is so adorable! The kitty and fox are great little touches to dress the layout up!!
    LOVE your daughter's layout!! the feather and stenciled circles are amazing!
    Isn't it amazing how one day they are little ones and the next day they are adults with little ones of their own!! I have told our 4 year old granddaughter, Jenna, who lives with us that she cannot get any more grown up for at least 30 more years! She pinky promised me that she would stay this size and as sweet as sugar!
    Thanks for sharing these sweet layouts with me today! They are both wonderful!

    ReplyDelete