Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Fun Times and Down By The Sea!!

Hi, everyone. Carol here today. I will be sharing 2 projects. Made a layout for my recent Korea trip and a mixed media off the page project.

"Fun Times" Layout


Took this photo at Gyeongbokgung Palace ground in Korea. Its's drizzling and very cold. I used wild honey distress ink and a forest stencil for the background, then stamped some swirls and butterfly background.


Layered some papers and diecut tags behind.


For the chipboards, I mixed gesso with brown paint and dab over with foam brush, added some vintage photo distress ink and added Viva Decor Ice Crystal with Prima 3D Gloss gel.



For the pie chart chipboards, I left some parts raw.




Painted this new chipboard title with black paint.

"Down By The Sea"


I love mermaid. And this is the second project that I created with mermaid theme. For this project, most of the stuff are made from scratch, namely the boat, the clay mermaid and the fish net.  I painted the whole box with gesso and some blue mists.


I made the boat from scratch using kraft cardstock, cardboard base and flexible wood strips. Made the boat structure first with kraft cardstock, then add the cardboard as the base. Then I adhered down the wood strips to inside and outside of sides (sandwich the kraft cardstock base). Then I add some wood blocks at the fatter side of boat to make the structure stronger. Else the sides will cave in due to lack of support. Cover the wood blocks with modeling paste and painted the inside of boat with gesso. Also randomly add some modeling paste at sides of boat.


Then I paint randomly with Art Anthopology Lagoon Velvet dimensional paint and glass beads gel mixture. Colored the Denise George Flourish chipboards with Viva Decor green-yellow Inka Gold and added them to background of boat before adhere down the mermaid. Added moss and shells and sequins.


I made the clay mermaid from scratch with airdry resin clay. My first mermaid doll. Love how cute it turn out despite the fat head and body... hmm.... overweight mermaid. LOL.




Colored the corner chipboard with Viva Decor green-yellow Inka Gold and add to top of boat. Also colored the gear chipboard with Viva Decor copper and green-yellow Inka Gold. Want it to look like sunken and moss filled boat parts.


For the tiny stars chipboards, I gesso them and added the glass bead gel and Art Anthopology paint mixture again.




Made this net from scratch following a youtube video on fishnet. Love it very much.


Left the chipboard title raw and added sequins around it.


Adhered the net to top of box. Love how it drape down. Cover the top of net with shells, moss and sequins to hide the glue.


Here's the chipboards I have used for both projects:









Hope you enjoy my project sharing. Do leave a comment to win a pack of chipboards. Have fun.

Thanks for dropping by.


3 comments:

  1. WOW - there is a WORLD of WOW in your creations Carol!!!
    LOVE your layout, the colours and details are BEAUTIFUL!!!
    ADORE your mermaid diorama, SO MANY EXCITING elements to be seen down by the see - LOVE IT ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down by the Sea is absolutely adorable and your layout is gorgeous!!! Great colors!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing projects with so much detail...love them all!

    ReplyDelete