Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Some pretty cards for my family & friends


Hello and Happy New Year to you all.

Miriam here and I am really excited and a little nervous about joining the 2016 Imaginarium Team and have a couple of cards to share with you today.


First is this feminine card I created for a family member.


I started by layering three different embossed pieces of cardstock for my base.


I used Nats new leaves design for the feature - I first painted them white then lightly brushed them with Bundled Sage Distress Paint and finally gave them a spray with silver glitter dust.
They came up looking just gorgeous.


I finished the card off with some wire thread and muslin with the addition of a few flowers!


This next card was made for a friend ... someone who means the world to me - it needed to be simple yet effective ... I think it works!


I started by coating the Art Deco shape with white and sprinkled on a few micro beads.


Keeping it simple allowed the stamped phrase to be the focus - which is important!

 


So I hope that you like my two cards ...
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

Have a great day
Miriam




6 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous Miriam!! Congratulations on joining the Imaginarium team!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome and your
    cards are gorgeous!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome and your
    cards are gorgeous!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  4. DELIGHTFUL cards Miriam - LOVE your SPARKLING chippies and SWEET flowers, a PERFECT combination!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS on your 1st post and THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION, it looks like it is going to be a WONDERFUL year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to be nervous!! We all put our pants on one leg at a time! LOL LOVE your gorgeous cards!! Very elegant and beautiful! Great job! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Imaginarium team and congrats on your first posting Miriam. Your cards look awesome ! Really pretty and impressing. Especially I love the one with the dark green flowers going down at one side.
    Thank you for sharing. I look forward to your next posting...
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete